1. Claim your Google Map Listing.
- Go to Google.com/mybusiness to claim your listing.
- Do you have reviews?
- If not, ask your best customers to leave you a review.
- Fill out all info, especially the description.
- Post an update to your Map Listing.
2. Are basic social media accounts covered?
- Have you claimed your Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn Biz Pages?
- Do you have consistent branding across accounts?
- Same messaging? Clean logo? Clean cover image?
- How does the cover image look on the mobile app?
3. Visual company? Get on Instagram.
- Every business should have an Instagram account.
- Especially important if you’re a visual company.
- Builders, real estate agents, designers and decorators really need to prioritize Instagram.
4. Is your website easy to use on a phone?
- Easy to use mobile navigation.
- Fast loading.
- Easy to read on a phone.
- Forms are easy to fill out on a phone.
5. Clear calls-to-action across your site?
- Make sure that you have clear and easy to use calls-to-action on website.
- List them multiple times throughout the site.
- This might seem like a lot on desktop, but on mobile you do not want people to have to scroll too far.
6. Clean images and headshots?
- Now is the perfect time to ensure that you have clean images on your website.
- This might mean scheduling a photo session.
- Make sure you have updated headshots on your site.
- Does your headshot look like you? If not, then schedule a new with a local photographer.
7. Post to your personal LinkedIn account.
- Engagement on personal LinkedIn accounts is much better than engagement on biz accounts.
- Post updates. Let your network know what you’re thinking.
- Post project updates and links to your website.
- You could be featured in LinkedIn’s weekly email.
8. Be deliberate with your posts.
- We see so many companies post to Facebook just say that they are posting to Facebook.
- Be strategic and intentional with your content.
- If you post without paying Facebook to promote the post, then your post will only be seen by a few people.
- It only costs about $10 per thousand people reached.
9. Do you have an email marketing list?
- Use this time to start building an email marketing list.
- Already have a list? Start using Mail Chimp to reach and engage your audience.
- Helps keep your audience informed.
- Adds value to your business in the long-run. If you ever sell your business, prospective buyers will want to know how many people are on your email marketing list.
10. Do you have Google Analytics on your site?
- Ask your website development company if you have Google Analytics on your website.
- Ask them to give you access to the account.
- Shows traffic into your site.
- Shows which marketing efforts are working.